Food Safety Management
The main principle and commitment of “Agios Charalambos” Mental Health Clinic’s food & beverage department, as well as the staff’s philosophy, is to provide safe and certified products to patients.
To achieve this objective, the following principles are established:
- A Food Safety Management System (FSMS) is established, in compliance with international standards defined by ISO 22000:2018.
- AX Clinic complies with legal and regulatory requirements on food safety.
- Preparation areas are daily cleaned and disinfected before and after meals.
- Realistic and determined objectives are defined, regarding the food safety policy, to improve and update the existing practices.
- AX Clinic honestly collaborates with supervisory authorities and other members of the food supply network, to protect the final consumer.
- Food safety policy is regularly reviewed and its appropriateness is continuously evaluated.
- We investin continuous training andfurther education of employees in all relevant procedures
- Critical parameters and operations are measured, monitored and evaluated to ensure food safety.
- A risk management system regarding a possible food safety crisis has been established, and any non-compliant products are immediately disposed of or returned.
- FSMS focuses on the protection of the environment and on defending employees’ ethical and moral rights.
- AX Clinic collaborates with reliable suppliers, annually evaluates them and regularly encourages them to improve their services.
- AX Clinic’s Quality Control department operates efficiently.
- All necessary products are made available upon request.
- FSMS operators are encouraged to keep up-to-date with current technological changes and current National and International legislation.